Medical practices that have implemented a speech recognition software solution, like Dragon Medical Practice Edition (DMPE), have benefited from the technology and accuracy built into the software over the last decade. As EHRs are moving closer to a more complete cloud-based environment, the boxed version of Dragon Medical may not be the right solution for the future as your medical practice continues to grow. With the focused innovation that Nuance is placing on the AI-powered technology of the cloud version, no additional upgrades will be coming for the box software version of Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
The DMPE End-of-Life program is as follows:
· DMPE will be discontinued in North America
· DMPE will no longer be available for purchase after March 31, 2021
· Maintenance and support contracts for DMPE ion will not be available for purchase or renewal after March 31, 2021
· Support for DMPE will end on March 31, 2022*
Dragon Medical users that have moved to the cloud-based solution, Dragon Medical One, are benefitting now, from the enhanced AI-powered technology built into the platform, and yielding a much higher productivity result in the process. The continued updates and enhancements to the HITRUST CSF Certified cloud-based solution, Dragon Medical One, are updated automatically so no significant IT costs are involved. As with the boxed software, a single user profile is created, but with the cloud-version, that profile is accessible across multiple apps, platforms, computers, and Windows-based® devices, for a more flexible and mobile experience.
A few other significant features and benefits of the cloud-based solution include:
● Fits within your clinical workflow and can automate high-value clinical tasks and intelligent retrieval of information from the patient’s medical record
● Always HIPAA-compliant, safe, and secure communication with Microsoft Azure, a HITRUST CSF certified hosting infrastructure
● Works with your current PowerMic III handheld microphone with little to no adjustments needed
● Monthly subscription-based pricing with little upfront capital investment to help you stay within your practice’s budget
● Works seamlessly with almost ALL EHRs on the market today making it the smart choice for a practice looking to increase efficiency
● Continue to benefit from front-end and back-end speech recognition with our suite of products and microphones made specifically for the Dragon Medical user
● Flexible and accessible from just about anywhere so you can document right at point of care, at your desktop or workstation, or on a wide variety of devices
● Mobile-friendly capability provides physicians a consistent and personalized clinical documentation experience across solutions, platforms, and devices regardless of their physical location
In addition, Dragon Medical One users have immediate accessibility to a wide range of built-in templates, including a NEW Covid-19 content pack, with specific symptoms and customized terminology built in. This was made exclusively for use within the Dragon Medical One platform and has been extremely beneficial for physicians who offer both in-person and virtual office visits during the current health crisis.
As healthcare technology continues to evolve, implementing cloud-based solutions now is a smart choice for the medical practice working towards becoming more productive and ensuring faster insurance reimbursement.
Working with our Solutions team gives you the benefit of accessing a 7-day FREE trial of the industry leading cloud-based solution, Dragon Medical One. Contact our team today to learn more about how moving toward the cloud-based solution is the right pivot position for your medical practice in today’s busy environment.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-977-3324 | 877-272-8280
Check out our directory of WEBINARS today!
#DragonMedical #DragonMedicalPracticeEdition #DragonMedicalOne #ClinicalWorkflow #SpeechRecognition #Dictation #Healthcaremanagers #MedicalEHR #EHRusers #PatientNotes #PatientDocumentation #Practicemanagers #IncreasePracticeProductivity #AITechnology #cloudbasedtechnology #medicalpracticeprofitability #DMPEDiscontinued #DMPESunsetted
*The end of support means that Nuance and its Partners will be unable to prevent or resolve any security issues that may arise for DMPE. If clients choose to continue using DMPE without support, they will do so at their own risk; Nuance and its Partners will not be responsible for any security incidents, breaches, or other security failures.