Home Care and Hospice professionals continue to struggle to stay productive and provide one-on-one quality care with their ever-expanding patient load. Adding to that is the continued challenges that Covid-19 continues to present across the healthcare industry. As we have recently come off of a virtual conference with NAHC, we felt it was timely that we address some of the frustrations our Home Care clients are currently dealing with. We have been able to step in to assist our clients, and introduce them to our Telehealth Solution, a game-changing HIPAA compliant virtual platform. When combined with the industry proven speech recognition solution Nuance® Dragon® Medical One, virtual visits are simplified and gain time-saving measures.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have expanded access to Medicare telehealth services during the Covid-19 pandemic. The overall goal is to ensure individuals, particularly those that are high-risk, are made aware of these benefits that can keep them healthy and work towards preventing the spread of the COVID-19.
Patient Visits During Pandemic
Many of our provider professionals in the Home Care industry continue to deal with the effects caused by Covid-19, in particular the limitations placed on in-home visits that are routine and not of an emergency nature. Social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC makes those types of visits difficult to complete, but vital to the well-being of their patients. When possible and appropriate, our clients have pivoted to using our recommended Telehealth solution for virtual video patient visits. Using this solution has benefitted them in several ways:
● HIPAA compliant platform allows patients the security of knowing their virtual video visit is still private and secure
● Convenience and comforting for those patients who are used to seeing you as their home care provider can continue to connect with you during the pandemic
● Early intervention for chronically ill patients as the virtual visit still allows the care provider to monitor the patient for changes
● Secure text-messaging platform keeps your patient in contact using their cell phone or mobile device - they are only a text away from you so you can follow up as needed throughout the day or week before the next check in
We continue to hear frustration over the excessive amounts of documentation required at every level of care, and how it seems to expand monthly. While each professional only has a certain amount of time with each patient, the patient notes need to be precise, specific, and timely for insurance verification and submission purposes. Covid-19 patients require an additional layer of specific documentation, and that is where Dragon Medical One speech recognition can assist. One of the benefits of using Dragon Medical One during telehealth visits is the specific built in Covid-19 templates. These templates provide a simple command pathway to help the home care professional complete patient notes faster, saving valuable face to face time with patients. Other benefits include:
● Use the power of your voice to document and save up to 2 hours a day in documentation vs typing
● Use your own EHR to document patient encounters
● Create custom templates to organize and document specific areas of focus like, pain, appearance, appetite, and sleep patterns
● Budget friendly and easy to implement into your current clinical workflow
● Microphones and apps are available to expand your productivity when conducting virtual visits and documentation
Reach out today and stay productive and organized. We are focused and committed to helping medical professionals in the very patient-focused Home Care and Hospice vertical.
Sales@1st-dragon.com | 866-977-3324 | 877-272-8280